Please return all forms to:
11 Burr Road
Westport, CT 06880
- Health Form/Immunization Record (must be completed and returned)*
- Emergency Form (must be completed and returned)
- SchoolMessenger Form (must be completed and returned)
- Email Form (must be completed and returned)
- Calendar, Extended Care, Hot Lunch, Topical Meds, and Change Form
- Allergy Awareness Policy
- Arrival & Dismissal Information
- Day One Checklist
- Dress Code (Fundamentals Only)
- Landmark Parent Association
While we realize that peanut butter is a favorite with many children, it is particularly likely to be spread around the classroom because it is so sticky. Coming into contact with traces of peanut butter can trigger anaphylaxis, which can lead to death.
This is a difficult situation for these children and their families, as well as for the teachers who are trying to keep all their students safe. I know that your support and compassion will be most helpful to them as they deal with this serious problem. Allergies can develop at any time during an individual’s life, and if your own child were to develop such a devastating allergy, we would want to take whatever steps were possible to protect him or her.
We suggest that you talk with your children, and help them to choose lunches and snacks that will help keep their friends safe and healthy. Please also bear this in mind when sending in treats for birthdays and other celebrations throughout the school year. While we cannot guarantee a “nut-free” environment, we should all do our best to help keep these children safe.
If your child has an allergy requiring an Epi-pen or other medication, please refer to the "Students With Allergies" section above.
There is no drop-off for Twos, parents should park in the parking lot and walk children to class beginning at 9:00am. Before Care is available for the Twos beginning at 8:30am.
Morning drop-off for Threes through Fundamentals takes place in the circular drive by our playground area. There is no parking permitted in the drop-off circle or on Burr Road. If you are using the drop-off, please remain in your car. A staff member will assist your child out on the right hand side of the car, and escort him or her to the classroom. Please do not ask the staff doing drop-off duty to carry car seats, snacks, etc. It is important that their hands are free to assist the children on the stairs. We will be happy to notify someone in your child’s classroom should you need assistance. Please use only your child’s designated time slot for assisted drop-off:
Threes and Fours – 8:30am – 8:45am
If your child needs to arrive at school prior to their scheduled time, please park in the lower lot. Walk your child up to our Before Care Program, located in Mrs. Brito’s classroom (Room #2). Forms for Extended Care (Before and After Care) are available online or in the main office.
We will provide a nameplate with the name of your child's teacher and your child’s name for the dashboard of your vehicle. Using this card allows us to greet your child by name during drop-off, and helps us quickly identify which classroom your child is in. Please be sure to display the card during drop-off for the first few weeks of school.
If you wish to use drop-off, please be mindful of the following:
- Please pull your vehicle up to the spot indicated by the staff member. You may need to wait for the car in front of you to pull away before we are able to assist your child out of the car.
- Seat your children in the car so that the staff members will be able to get the children out on the right hand side of the car. It is not safe for staff members or children to walk between cars. If the staff members are not able to get the children out on the right, you will be asked to park your car in the parking lot and walk your child up.
- The safety of our students and staff is our highest priority. Your patience and cooperation helps us to ensure this.
Afternoon pick-up takes place inside the building, in front of your child’s classroom. Pick-up times are as follows:
Threes: 1:45pm - 2:00pm
Fours: 2:15pm - 2:30pm
Fundamentals: 2:45pm - 3:00pm
Any child remaining in the classroom after his or her designated pick-up time will be signed into After Care by the classroom teacher and After Care charges will apply. If your child is not registered for our Extended Care program, a $35.00 registration fee will be added to your first bill. After Care is billed at a rate of $14.00/hour for drop-in care.
This form must be completed by the parents or guardian before school begins. It informs the school of who is authorized to pick up your child(ren). The school is not permitted to release students to any other person without written authorization from parents/guardians. Anyone picking your child up must be able to provide photo identification. If you wish to add or remove someone from your form during the school year, please contact the office for a change authorization form. If someone is picking your child up who is not on your emergency form, parents must inform us with a dated note. If there is an emergency, please call the office as soon as possible so that we may assist you. Failure to pick up on time will result in After Care charges.
Parking Lot Safety
- Do not park in the drop-off circle
- Park only in designated spaces. Please note, on-street parking is allowed only in designated areas. Police will ticket improperly or illegally parked cars.
- Wait for the car in front of you to move before pulling away
- Be patient; we have many students going home at the same time.
- Children move quickly and unpredictably, be aware at all times
Please label everything your child brings to school with your child’s name or initials. If you have not mailed or dropped off the Early Childhood Health Assessment, Student Emergency Form, Email Form, and SchoolMessenger Form please do so as soon as possible. These forms are required by the state of Connecticut, and must be in your child’s file in order for them to attend school. You may download and print these forms in the above section entitled Required Forms.
Additionally, please send:
- A backpack clearly labeled with your child’s name to carry personal items and papers.
- A healthy snack labeled with your child’s name. We ask that parents do not send in items containing tree nuts or peanuts.
- A lunch with a labeled drink and ice pack in an insulated lunch bag or box. Remember to label lunch boxes and thermoses, too. If your child is in our Twos program, please send two (2) filled sippy cups clearly labeled with your child’s name. If your child attends our Extended Day Program, please pack an additional labeled snack and drink. Once again, we ask that parents do not send in items containing tree nuts or peanuts.
- A complete change of seasonally appropriate clothing including underwear, shirt, pants/shorts or dress, socks and shoes. Please label all clothing.
- Diapers if your child is in our Twos program.
- A rest mat for students in the Threes and Fours programs and for Twos who stay for Extended Day. You may bring one from home or they will be available for purchase on Visitation Day.
- If your child has allergies, please refer to the Students With Allergies section on this page.
This is truly one of the most exciting times of the year for Landmark families, teachers and staff. The teachers and assistants have lovingly prepared their classrooms for the children’s arrival. We look forward to our school filled with happy faces and the joyous sounds of children learning!
- Navy blue skort
- Navy blue polo dress
- Navy blue traditional (Docker-style) pants
- Navy blue chino-length shorts when weather permits
- Navy blue or white polo, turtle neck, or white oxford button-down shirt (tucked in)
- Navy blue cardigan, crew neck or v-neck sweater, sweatshirt or fleece
- Navy blue or white ankle, crew, or knee socks or tights
As a Landmark parent, you are automatically a part of the LPA and each parent is encouraged to get involved in whatever way they can throughout the year. There are a number of ways to show your support, most of which require minimal time commitment. Whatever level of participation you choose, your time and involvement is much appreciated! If you're interested in volunteering, let us know!
- An Epi-pen in the original container with the pharmacy label indicating your child’s name and dosage. Please check expiration date.
- An authorization form permitting school personnel to administer medication signed by BOTH the child’s physician and child’s parent.
- An emergency care plan for your child signed by both you and your child’s physician.
Again, in order for your child to attend school, the following forms must be completed by both you and your child's physician.
- Medication Authorization Form (must be signed by both you and the child’s physician; a separate form is required for each medication)
- Emergency Care Plan (must be signed by both you and your child’s physician)