Please return all forms to:
P.O. Box 477
Bedford, NY 10506
- Health Form/Immunization Record (must be completed and returned)*
- Emergency Form (must be completed and returned)
- SchoolMessenger Form (must be completed and returned)
*For information on immunization requirements, please refer to the Immunization Requirements Guide. Please note: Influenza immunizations are required for all preschoolers.
- An Epi-pen in the original container with the pharmacy label indicating your child’s name and dosage. Please check expiration date.
- An authorization form permitting school personnel to administer medication signed by BOTH the child’s physician and child’s parent.
- An emergency care plan for your child signed by both you and your child’s physician.
If your child requires Benadryl or other medication in addition to the his/her epipen, the school is required to have a separate form signed by both you and the physician authorizing school personnel to administer the medication and giving exact dosage information. A measuring utensil must be included to ensure correct dosage is given.
Again, in order for your child to attend school, the following forms must be completed by both you and your child's physician.
- Medication Authorization Form (must be signed by both you and the child’s physician; a separate form is required for each medication)
- Emergency Care Plan (must be signed by both you and your child’s physician)
Finally, if your child’s allergy is food-related, you will be required to provide “safe” foods and snacks for your child to eat. Due to the proliferation of ambiguous language such as “processed in a facility that handles peanuts and tree nuts” on food labels, it is not possible for teachers to make informed decisions about what is and is not safe for children with food allergies to eat. Only you, the parents, in consultation with your child’s physician can make that choice for your child. Please work with the teachers to help them keep your child safe by providing the foods you approve of for your child. If you have any questions, please speak with your child’s teacher or with the Director, Kimberly Swabsin.